Aging is inevitable; looking your age is not. At Swan Dermatology, we offer customized treatments for each patient’s aging concerns. One of the most popular conditions that patients are bothered by is skin laxity. Several factors that cause lax skin are age, sun damage, lifestyle, sleep pattern and environmental pollutants.
Thermage is an advanced skin tightening device that helps the body rebuild its own collagen for a natural renewal process without downtime. Its radiofrequency technology works below the skin’s surface to target the effects of aging at its core without damaging the top layer of skin. Thermage is perfect for patients who want smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin without surgery or injections.
Patients report that treatments are tolerable and do not require a numbing solution. Results can be seen immediately after 1 treatment and continue to improve over 6 months. Optimal results are achieved with 1-3 treatments.
If you are tired of looking older than you feel, contact our office to schedule a consultation to see if Thermage is right for you!
How Does Thermage Work?
- As we age, the collagen that keeps skin firm breaks down, resulting in sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Thermage® RF system is a non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) therapy that can help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger-looking appearance.
- The applied heat separates the water molecules from the fibrous collagen, causing an immediate contraction, resulting in skin tightening.
- Over the next few months, the secondary healing response continues as collagen is deposited and remodeled.
- The new collagen growth tightens the skin further over time, for smoother, tighter skin after just one treatment, and continued improvement for up to six months.
Thermage: Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the results last?
For most patients, measurable results appear gradually in the two to six months following a single treatment session and can last for 1-2 years depending on your skin condition and aging process.*
*Recommended by physicians as part of an annual skin rejuvenation maintenance program.
How many treatments will I need?
Unlike many cosmetic procedures requiring multiple sessions, Thermage RF delivers results after a single treatment. Best of all, results continue to improve over time.
How much does it cost?
The cost depends on the area you’re having treated. Your doctor can give you a more precise idea of cost based on where you want to see results.
Does it hurt?
The Thermage® RF system incorporates vibration on the face and body treatments, which has been shown to help aid in patient comfort.
You’ll feel a brief heating sensation when the treatment device’s tip touches your skin, followed by a cooling sensation to help protect your skin and minimize any discomfort.
Are there common side effects?
Some patients have temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away within 24 hours.
How long before I can get back to my normal activities?
Most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment. No special care is required afterward, aside from basic skin maintenance and broad-spectrum sunscreens as part of a regular skincare regimen.